Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tombstone Angel in Progress

We went to Boston about 7 or 8 years ago, and I took some photos of old tombstones. I was thinking the primitive angels would make great dolls. So while I was waiting for my pumpkin paint to dry (many layers), I made a prototype for a new doll/pin doll/wall hanging.

I decided to start with a small wall hanging so I could work out the kinks on an easier scale (a pin doll would be more difficult. I need to find some plexiglas or Mylar that isn't so shiny. One side is open so I can slide in various sentiments, quotes, or whatever (this one is by Benjamin Franklin). I also want to add some detail stitching to the wing feathers like the original below, pupils, and maybe even some shading with colored pencil.

2 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

This is great Deanna...I just love it. Great job.

:)Doreen

FairiesNest said...

That's marvelous!