Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One of Four Done

Today I finished one of the four Averill dolls I started last week. Naturally, I took the photos before realizing I forgot to poof up her sleeves a little. Oh, well.

While I dislike the sheen of the craft velour, the camel color is nice. This doll is the third from the left in my previous post.

I used some velvet I had on hand for her slippers (only because it went with her coloring), and I'll never use it for this purpose again! In the past I've used a thin stretch panne velvet which has worked really well. This stuff had no stretch at all, was very hard to keep aligned (even with lots of pins and basting), and took much longer to sew.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous doll...

Pam

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

Deanna, she's gorgeous and her coloring is to die for!

Kate said...

As usual, beautiful. Her skirt fabric is lovely. I've never seen anything like it. I like the straw color of her hair, makes me think of my uncle's farm. Fond memories.

Deanna Hogan said...

I've had the skirt fabric for a long time. I knew I'd used it on a doll before, so I went to my website and found her ~ "Claire," doll number 5, made in 1994:
http://www.blueherondolls.com/My%20First%20Dolls.htm

This (Averill) doll is number 397, so I've come quite a long way!

I like her coloring, too. Not so pasty pale like some. She's got the tan I will never have.

Dixie Redmond said...

Beautiful! Love the velvet slippers!

angiesraggedypatch said...

Just out blog hoppin with CDA and wanted to say Hi!
gorgeous work!
hugs~
angie

Sue said...

Very pretty girl; she's a winner!