Thursday, October 20, 2011

Slow and Tedious Progress

I've been diligently working every chance I get, sewing, stuffing, photographing and writing the pattern instructions for Suffragette Sally. It seems like it's taking forever. Particularly time consuming is editing out the background of the pattern photos (wouldn't have to do this, but it makes the body parts stand out and cuts down on toner use).

I'm currently painting the shoes on these feet, and while they dry I started working on the dress, photographing and describing each step. I still need to add the contrasting trim to the sleeves and see if I can find some tiny brown buttons. I also need to make a belt from the trim fabric. 

2 comments:

Edna Bridges said...

Deanna...Love your work! What program do you use to remove the background on your pictures? Thanks for sharing!
~Edna~

Deanna Hogan said...

Hi Edna,

I've been using my Adobe Photoshop Elements program - I use the eraser tool to manually and slowly remove the background from the object - as close to the object as I can get without nipping into the image. I've also used the magic wand tool, but I still have to go in with the eraser and clean it up. I'm sure there are easier ways to do this, but it works for me.