Friday, October 5, 2012

Brave Girl Art School

I've been busy these past two weeks ~ working, babysitting the grands, quilting, playing music at a summer's end party, barbecuing with friends, AND catching up on my Brave Girl Art School projects (though I'm still a little behind). This has been such a fun class, and the other women taking the class have been so encouraging and supportive of each other. This is the last week to sign up for the class, and it's one I highly recommend (click on the link above to check it out).

Here's my Funky Flowers collage project. I started with an 11 X 14 inch wall canvas. I wanted to experiment with several materials to make the flowers, so I Mod Podged fabric petals, wallpaper and silk flowers onto the canvas. I also used modeling paste and stencils to make several flowers, painting those with acrylic paints. I also used Melody Ross's bead technique for the big orange flower, and used yellow split peas to add texture as well. If I'd been thinking, I would have painted the background before adding the flowers. Live and learn!

Here are my Truth Cards. These are about 4 X 4 inches and are made from chipboard coasters, onto which I collaged fancy papers and fabric flowers. The phrases are part of the course curriculum. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I truly appreciate this blog post.