Thursday, November 21, 2013

Turkey Project

I've been trying to come up with some sort of easy, unique, inexpensive Thanksgiving project to do with my grandson (he's 5). I didn't want to buy anything, but use what I had on hand. This is what I came up with. He had a great time cutting and gluing. I cut the felt pieces, just because my sewing scissors are very sharp and the pieces are small. I also cut the body, and the layers were pretty thick (cereal box and corrugated paper). He cut the feathers on the turkey on the left (I drew the shape, he cut along the lines.)

These turkeys are actually a little bit more 3-D that they appear in the first photo. Magnet strips on the back allow these birds to be affixed to the refrigerator.

I'm trying to decide if we need to add wings of some sort.
 
And here he is on the refrigerator:
 
 Supplies:
Cereal box cardboard
Plastic spoon
Felt (for eyes, beak, waddle, legs)
Construction paper
Corrugated paper
Elmer's glue
Magnet strips
Tan acrylic craft paint


No comments: