Saturday, February 27, 2010

On Cats, Boundaries, and Paperclay

Why is it that cats seem to have no boundaries? I swear, leave a door open, and they make themselves right at home. I went to the spare bedroom to grab a pattern, and this is what I found. Small boxes, big cats. I think they even gave me a look that said 'how dare you interrupt our nap?'

I've been stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of adding paperclay to my Izannah doll, then sanding it back off again. Headed back out to sand some more...

Now I'm back and have added more clay. *sigh*  I think I'll add some ears when this new clay has dried.


This Izannah-inspired doll is being created in Dixie Redmond's Izannah Workshop. Visit the blog for the details HERE.

4 comments:

Molly Martino said...

Hi Deanna,

I have 6 cats I rescued awhile back. Many varieties & all so precious. I havet 10 or more hair removel rollers in every room.Ha! Plus I bought the Dyson sweeper that collects animal fur. I absolutely love it! It works so well. I find that just about anything I touch, clothing included, the cats bed down on or in it. They have their own bedroom where I keep a slippery throw on the bed that fur won't stick to.I fold it up each morning to give it a good shake (outside)to rid it of fur. Love the cat photo! Yes, they are privileged looking...

I enjoy your updates. I am not a doll maker but love to watch your work as it progresses. You are so talented!

FairiesNest said...

Cats think they are "above" boundaries..those are meant for us lesser beings. I have 3 and they pretty much rule the roost.

Dixie Redmond said...

This is the third time I've written a comment (forgot to hit post the last two times). Your doll is beautiful in this unpainted state. Your clay is incredibly smooth. And yes sometimes the cycle of adding clay and sanding seems unending. Especially for (ahem) a perfectionist. ;-) She will be wonderful when she's done.

Dix

Deanna Hogan said...

Thanks for following along, Molly. This dollmaking thing is pretty additing. I'm always trying to bring people over.

And thank you, Dixie, not only for your wonderful compliment, but for offering the workshops. It's been a lot of fun and a learning experience.