Thursday, December 31, 2020
Sunday, December 27, 2020
No Christmas tree this year, but did create an ornament!
And the freebie page:
I started a new doll in October, and finally finished her. As this one was a commissioned piece for Christmas, this blog entry has been post-dated.
This is from my "Under the Harvest Moon" pattern, but at 90% of the original size, so she stands about 19-1/2 inches tall. She has jointed shoulders, hips, elbows, and knees. Her clothing is removable.
Friday, December 25, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Hmmm...what do I have lying around the house that can be used to make a doll's stethoscope? This is a problem-solving adventure and work-in-progress, so check back!
Step 1: For the tubing, I sacrificed a bit of USB extension cord. I hope it wasn't important. For the ear tube, I used some of my armature material - 14 gauge aluminum electric fence wire.
Step 2: Now to figure out how to attach the wire (tubing) to the ear tube. I used a #11 scalpel blade to split the wire casing on each side - a little over 1/2 inch in length.
[Stethoscope #2 - don't need to split the casing on two sides to remove the inner wires - one slit will do]
[Update, see Step 11 below]
[Update] Next time I'll do this to remove the wires before making the slits for the wire ear tube insertion. This should make the connection between the main tube and ear tube more secure.