Friday, February 12, 2010

The Joys of Paperclay

I'm in love with paperclay, specifically Creative Paperclay brand - though I haven't tried other brands. Easy to work with, air-dry (or not), easy to sand, and lightweight.

This morning I built up the features on my Izannah Walker doll a little more. I've still got some shaping and sanding to do, which will have to wait.

This morning I've been assembling a large photo montage for my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary, which we will be celebrating tomorrow. I need to add a few graphics to the display, but it'll have to wait until after my morning nap. Don't know why I had insomnia last night, but I was up at 4:30. That's just craziness.

This Izannah-inspired doll is being created in Dixie Redmond's Izannah Workshop. Visit the blog for the details HERE.

5 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

Your doll is coming along so beautifully. I said this in the workshop, but I love when I can see Izzy and also can see the hand of the maker. :-) Beautiful job.

Dixie

Unknown said...

Hi Deanna!
You know that I do love your work! What is fascinating about this piece is that it looks soooo different so far from what you've done. Waiting for the face!
hugz
Pam

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

I already love the expression this little gal has, and I can't wait to see her all done! Your dolls are so lovely.

Lynne said...

I love paperclay too! This time of year I put it in from of my heater, or on top of the heat vents, and it drys quickly. I use styro for the base, looks like you are using cloth?

Susie McMahon said...

She's looking great, Deanna! Already looking Izzy/Deanna. I love Creative Paperclay,too - don't know how I ever survuved without it - it is just so versatile and easy to use.