Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Looking around my sewing room, I realize there's no less than four ongoing projects lined up for completion. and that's not including all those dolls in the to-do basket (I'm not even going to say how many there are, it's that embarrassing).
This doll-in-progress on the left is from Dixie Redmond's Izannah Walker Workshop. The most recent layer of paperclay is drying. I've been trying to sculpt the face while looking at photos of the originals. The faces on the original Izannah dolls appear to be quite simple, but it's been challenging to get the shapes and contours just right.
This is that Mystery Doll I've been working on since August for a doll club challenge. We decided to pick a couple patterns from the now-defunct Cloth Doll magazine, both angels. I wasn't happy with the shape of this one's head, so I've been applying paperclay. You can see more in-progress photos of this doll HERE and HERE.
These are the patterns we chose for this challenge ~ Lark's Angel by Eliese Peeples, and Silvery Nights Angel by Patti Culea.

1 comment:

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

I think your Izannah face looks really great so far, she looks like a little girl with her eyes closed! Your angel doll is awesome, she's so graceful!