I'd hoped to finish my latest Averill doll this weekend. I didn't, but at least I made good progress. Her costuming is a little different from the original - a duster/coat and vest that opens at the center front. Now I've got to figure out how to make black boots for her.
I was going for a sort of goth look - really not my style, but good to think outside the usual. Of course, that made me realize that there are different twists on Goth. So I went with something a bit more comfortable for me - sort of a Victorian interpretation.
Her hair is knitted eyelash yarn. The colors in the skirt can be found in the yarn.
I've just had new Averill molds made from a fresh sculpt. I was unhappy with some of the anatomic abnormalities of the original (I'm learning as I go.) So now I have to make another Averill doll with this new, modified face so I can update the printed instructions for the mold. Her features are a little finer - smaller nose and lips, more of a chin, etc.