Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not finished, but getting there...

I'd hoped to finish my latest Averill doll this weekend. I didn't, but at least I made good progress. Her costuming is a little different from the original - a duster/coat and vest that opens at the center front. Now I've got to figure out how to make  black boots for her.

I was going for a sort of goth look - really not my style, but good to think outside the usual. Of course, that made me realize that there are different twists on Goth. So I went with something a bit more comfortable for me - sort of a Victorian interpretation.
Her hair is knitted eyelash yarn. The colors in the skirt can be found in the yarn.

I've just had new Averill molds made from a fresh sculpt. I was unhappy with some of the anatomic abnormalities of the original (I'm learning as I go.) So now I have to make another Averill doll with this new, modified face so I can update the printed instructions for the mold. Her features are a little finer - smaller nose and lips, more of a chin, etc.

7 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is looking lovely Deanna. She looks very elegant for a Goth.

dollmaker96 said...

I thought Averill was pretty before but your changes have improved her. BTW I enjoyed listening to you sing and think you look just fine when you are singing not goofy at all.
Connie Turner
DollStreetDreamer

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

Averill is exquisite! And I think the term you're looking for regarding Victorian Goth is newly referred to as "Steampunk".

Unknown said...

Deanna,
She is beautiful! I really enjoy the different look of her. Definitely "Steampunk"!

hugz
Pam

Dixie Redmond said...

She looks great. The hair is very interesting, and I like the Victorian goth spin.

morecoffee said...

I like her coat. Nice fabric choice!

Unknown said...

Love the goth look! Beautiful doll Deanna!