Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fantastic day for the GCX

Today was perfect for the 29th annual Great Columbia Crossing. Last year was clear and cool. This year's overcast skies made for a slightly warmer day. Here's a photo of the first mile - the runners, naturally, take off first. My sister and I are toward the back of the pack of walkers, as we had to use the "blue rooms" before we got started. There were 3000 participants this year; sold out before the event. I believe it's always held the first weekend of October.

Sister Debbie is on the left, I'm on the right. Here we are on the Washington side of the bridge. My phone takes pretty decent photos. It makes it so easy to send photos to friends, etc. ( I never promised Deb I wouldn't tag her on Facebook ...evil cackle).  

The sun did poke it's head out for a little bit. We saw quite a few pelicans, and a couple of seals in the river.





Here we are, maybe 4 miles into the walk and looking toward the span of the Astoria Megler Bridge. This walk/run is 10k. I know we said we'd do the run this year, but neither one of us had to time to train. Maybe next year?

No comments: