Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New Doll in Progress

Oh my, we're well into April, and San Antonio (ODACA Day / UFDC Convention) in July is coming right up. While I've been loving the art journaling adventure, I think it's time to knuckle down and get some dolls made!

I've been trying to think of a new design that will be appealing, travel well without special packing, sell well, and won't take days and days to make. This is prototype number 1, which will be about 13 inches tall. I'm thinking I need to elongate her thighs and lower legs, however, so the final doll will be a bit taller.
 
I'm such a fan of Izannah Walker and other antique cloth dolls, that I hope to get that style of doll in the end. I haven't decided whether I'll paint her footwear or make cloth shoes.
 
If I can think of a way to make a stand, this design may work for my Hoffman doll as well.

2 comments:

Shirley Douglass said...

Thank you for sharing this. I found it very interesting.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Look forward to seeing her completed