Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Abstract art and the task-oriented personality type

Lately (the past month or so), I've been focusing on getting some new dolls done for a magazine article featuring ODACA artists (http://odaca.org/). Tonight I decided to take a little break, and started working on a journal page instead. This one is for Life Book - a lesson by Jenny Doe (http://blog.crescendoh.com/), which is very abstract. This is my first layer, which is currently drying.

 I have trouble with abstract. I like it (or much of it), but have trouble creating it. I think this is because I'm a "Task" person, according to the People Mapping exercise we did yesterday for work. I can't say I was surprised, because the description fit me perfectly (I also scored very strongly toward People, as do many other nurses).  I guess I have to work harder at relaxing my brain.

You'd think as a Task person, I would have a very neat and organized studio. This is not the case.

More Art Journaling Explorations HERE

No comments: