The one I finished last year was originally intended for her - but it went so well with my living room colors, I kept it for myself. Her quilt is on the left, mine on the right. I took her quilt top to the fabric store, and had a little trouble finding a print that would complement all the colors of the top. Turns out I picked the same fabric as my backing, but a different colorway.
Here's a link to information about the moda fabrics I used:
Addendum: Now that this project is done, I broke down and took the Bernina in for some routine maintenance. Out comes the old Viking, which I haven't used in a long time...and it still sews!