I'm done! I've just finished my trio of vintage-style dolls, wearing dresses made from reproduction civil war fabrics. This gives me a total of six of this style doll to take to Washington DC for ODACA Day.
Visit this webpage for more photos (click on thumbnails):
I might just get something done today! I just added a one-step crackle, and am waiting for it to dry before adding a wash of dark brown to age them a little. This may take a little time today, as it's pretty wet and dreary outside. After that, the dolls will be assembled.
Meanwhile, I'm stuffing the legs. The clothing is nearly done (just need buttons, buttonholes, and felt slippers). Their bloomers are already done. I've found that if I get the clothing done earlier in the process, the dolls are more likely to be complete.
It feels like it's taking FOREVER to finish these dolls. Next I need to add the face shading and highlights (I use pastels to do that), then apply the one-step crackle, and then the antique wash. Only then can I assemble their bits and get them dressed.
I've got their dresses done (except for buttons and buttonholes), and their bloomers as well. They'll have felt slippers, which I'll start on when everything else is done.