Monday, September 26, 2016

Ongoing progress

Today I started painting the layers of Messy Mix onto my Verity/Alice doll. Her head/bust will eventually have at least five layers of this concoction. The arms will not need as many layers.

In between coats, I searched for (and found) a pattern from an old book I used back in 2009 to make a Pumpkinhead doll (because the shape of the stuffed head was so odd). I've wanted to make another of these dolls for several years and if I don't start it now while the season is upon us, I'll put it off for another year. In the photo below, Pumpkinhead has a coat of while glue on the head and bust. When this dries, I'll begin layering and sculpting in paperclay.
Blog posts about my original Pumpkinhead:
And finished doll:

No comments: