Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Life Book 2017 May Lessons

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
See my Life Book 2013 pages HERE
or Life Book 2014 HERE
or Life Book 2015 HERE
or Life Book 2016 HERE
or Life Book 2017 HERE

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Number 3 in the works

Here's the last and third in a series of "Under the Harvest Moon" dolls I've been working on. All three have been reduced to 90% of the original. I'm using dupioni silk again, which is a bear to work with but so pretty. Her clothing will be fall colors. She'll probably have brown eyes and auburn hair.
Like the other two, I'm using one of my favorite fabrics for the doll - Complexion Collection by Timeless Treasures.
 
I'm also printing a few art prints to fulfill an order. Since each one takes about 15 minutes to print, I'm making a few extra while I work on this doll.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Another One Finished!

I just finished sewing shoes for this second of three Harvest Moon dolls. This one is also reduced to 90% of the original doll. She has jointed shoulders, hips, elbows, and knees. Her hair is Tibetan lamb on the hide. Clothing is removable.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

On the work table...

Today is a good day to work in the studio. The laundry is done; house is reasonable clean. Here is the second of three "Harvest Moon" dolls. I had quite a time picking out fabrics for the clothing on this one (always a challenge when I have vowed to buy no more fabric). I've chosen a floral for her skirt (yellow, green, purple). I found some coordinating dupioni silk for her lower legs.
I have now idea what type of hair this one will have; I've got a lot of options.
 
Afternoon Update:
 
With the exception of her shoes, the clothing is finished. I've chosen dark brown Tibetan lamb for her hair and will start sewing her wig.
 
Here I've ironed the freezer paper template to the hide side of the Tibetan lamb and drawn along the paper edge with pen. I'll use a #11 scalpel blade to cut the hide.
 
Using a scalpel blade instead of scissors preserves the hair which is frequently inadvertently cut when using scissors.  

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Finally, a Doll

This recently finished doll was just waiting for her official photo. She's made from my "Under the Harvest Moon" pattern, reduced to 90% of the original, so she's about 20 inches tall. I have two other bodies sewn, so I'll try to get one of them stuffed today - I just need to pick fabrics for the clothing so I can coordinate the color of the lower legs.