Yesterday was spent on some finishing touches of various dolls, and the start of another - hopefully to be finished tonight.
This "Alice" doll was made using a combination of my Verity and Harvest Moon patterns. She was essentially finished last fall but just needed her apron, which made from a vintage hankie. Her clothing is removable. She'll be going with me to Orlando.
I was able to finish this Cecelia doll, just in time!
I just finished this Sleepytime Santa after two days of sewing and stuffing. Tomorrow he'll get his official photo. It's been unbearably warm in the studio, though today was better than yesterday. Now I must attend to the neglected dishes and vacuuming.
I may have time for another doll before leaving for Orlando at the end of the week, though I should probably do a bit of studying for my PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) recertification on Friday.
I might still be in my pajamas, but I'm on a painting roll. I've finished painting the faces on these "Viola Ruth" dolls, and have started on the hair. I promise to get dressed while waiting for the paint to dry.
After the hair is done, I'll start adding the shading and highlights to the face. Then I'll decide if I want to apply an antiquing wash. The clothing is done. I WILL finish these dolls today!
Looks like I'm going to have to find another source for a slideshow on my home page. Photobucket is no longer working here, but at least it was functional on my website the last time I looked. No time to search BlogSpot for a widget for the time being. Bummer.