Sunday, July 6, 2008

The End is Near

The UFDC/ODACA Convention is just around the corner, and it feels like I've been working on the ODACA Day Luncheon centerpiece dolls forever. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Last night I got the last of the wigs sewn, and all are glued to the heads.

I ended up with four shades of Tibetan lamb. The hides are just a little stiff, so in the future I may try an acid dye. I'm not sure if that will make a difference. Still, they're easy enough to work with.
We'd planned to spend July 4th on the sailboat, anchored out on the river, ready to christen the new barbeque and watch the fireworks. In Astoria, they're set off at the river's edge. But when it came time to go down to the boat, it was damp, windy, and overcast. Not comfortable conditions for sitting out on the boat. We opted to stay in, and ultimately went to bed early. It's been a tradition that neighbor Kevin plays the anthem Jimi Hendrix style - outside - on his electric guitar for the neighborhood to enjoy. Either he missed this year or I was dead to the world.

No comments: