Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finito

I finished my centerpiece dolls yesterday! I'm so glad to have that done, although I still need to make hangtags and placards for the table drawing - that probably represents a good half day of work yet.

The night before last as I was drifting off to sleep, I ruminated about the centerpiece chair issue. I came up with a solution (pretty ingenious, I think). You know how some dolls tend to tip backward when seated? Well these dolls do that. So this is what I made - a folding seat. They were fast and easy to make and will require very little space in my suitcase. If the dolls are seated on a flat surface, their legs will extend out in front of them. If the seat is placed on a shelf (or column, small box, etc.) the legs will dangle. I plan to make several sizes for my seated dolls. Viola Ruth (Alabama Baby inspired doll) is a great example of a doll that could use one of these.

Today I need to get started on my Hoffman Challenge doll. I've been receiving photos of doll entries from a few people (thanks!) but I could sure use more! These dolls are featured on my website. http://blueherondolls.com/Hoffman%20Challenge.htm The Hoffman site only pictures the winners, but I like to see as many dolls as I can - so send photos to me! (refer to the link above to learn where to send them).

3 comments:

fiddlestixstudios said...

How clever Deanna!They look very professional!PLEASE share pics of your adventure when you get back!
Hugs:),
~Mandy

Sharon-NZ said...

Very clever, and thanks for hosting the pics of the hoffman dolls I love to see them all

Karen Mallory said...

Must feel great to be finally finished with the dolls. The little folding chair is a fabulous idea!! I am sure everyone is going to be thrilled with the table decor!!
hugs Karen