Despite myself, I've managed to get a decent start on my Treasures of the Gypsy challenge doll. I found some mystery fabric for her skin, purchased at Fabric Depot in Portland. It's a nice flesh tone on one side only. I usually use dyed muslin, but this is something different. Now I'm wishing I'd bought more.
I made her lower legs from dupioni silk. I'm glad I remembered to trim my seam allowances a little wider, as this stuff frays quite easily. I found a couple big buttons with which to joint the hips. The buttons will be covered with the skin fabric, so it really doesn't matter that they're mismatched.
I've got the upper and lower arms sewn. I just need to stuff and joint them. Then it's on to the challenging part - building her costume.