Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chicago!

Well, we finally made it. We're here in Chicago for the annual UFDC Convention and ODACA Day. My only real obligations are today (Board and Business Meetings for ODACA), and the ODACA Luncheon and sales day tomorrow. I've left the rest of they days open to explore the city.

I've never been to Chicago before, and am happy to finally be settled in the hotel WITH our luggage.  After the worst cab ride of my entire life on Friday, we had to wait 2 1/2  hours for the bell service to bring up our bags. I was sure they'd been lost. But to be fair, the hotel lobby was packed with people checking in - and this is a HUGE hotel. I guess there are two conventions being held here, and UFDC is a biggy.

I'll try to take photos, but will add them to posts when I get home. Since we've been here, I've received photos of two more Hoffman Challenge entries. Beautiful dolls, and I'll get the uploaded to my website when I get home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a good trip Deanna! Awesome that you are actually booked in the hotel of the conference. Wishing you lots of fun!

hugz,
Pam

Olivia said...

I think it is a beautiful day to explore the Modern Wind of the Art Institute. They have a room with the objects made by the surrealists that perhaps you'd enjoy.
Really close to were you are there is a river walk that pass under the Tribune Tower (that's the beginning of Michigan avenue). There are several cute places to eat there and you can walk to the pier.
Also, if you need to buy fabric there is a great place that we call 21 21 http://megafabrics.com/
Its open on sundays.
I hope you have fun!
Are you going to show some dolls tomorrow? I live in Chicago but I couldn't afford to go to the convention. I'm going tomorrow to the open activity. Any questions about were to find stuffs in Chicago, please let me know.
Hugs,

Olivia