Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hoffman Challenge ~ Done!

I was up way too late last night. I'm headed for Chicago bright and early tomorrow morning, and had to get my Hoffman Challenge doll finished before leaving in order to meet the July 23rd deadline. Honestly, this is the first time I haven't had to send the doll Express Mail. I've been receiving photos of some of the other doll entries - HERE.

Her name is "Harmonie," and she's about 12 inches high (in a fixed, seated position). She's made of craft velour, and has a cloth-covered polymer clay face that's been stitched to her stuffed head. Her fingers are wired, and her head is jointed so it can turn side to side. Her hair is an elasticized trim with various fibers. Her clothing and sandals are not removable.
Now the tedious job of packing begins. I'll be attending the UFDC Convention and ODACA Day, so I'll be taking dolls as well - as many as will fit into my big suitcase. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

6 comments:

jenclair said...

She has such a lovely face!

Coeur de cerise said...

Beautifull work, everything is so perfect!
Monique

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is beautiful and all the other entries are lovely too. Best of luck to you.

Deanna Hogan said...

Thank you, Ladies! I had some doubt that I'd get her done. And now I have one less unfinished doll in my WIP basket - Yay!

I've received photos of a couple more entries, and I'll get them uploaded when I get home from Chicago. I love them all!

Deanna Hogan said...

Thanks! I'm getting more photos all the time. There are some great entries this year.

Check them out at my website:
www.blueherondolls.com on the Hoffman pages.

Sue said...

Congratulations on Harmonie going on the Hoffman Travelling Show! (Hope this comment goes through; lots of "whoops" moments learning the ins and outs of this big, blog world..)