Sunday, July 18, 2010

ODACA Day Update & Chicago Deep Dish

Today was ODACA Day here in Chicago. It started with the ODACA Sales Room, featuring many of the ODACA Artist Members' works as well as the new Artists that were accepted into the organization. Sales were good, and it's really fun to get to talk to the patrons I've met over the years. The doll displays were fabulous, and I took lots of photos (I'll add some to this post when I get home).

The Sales Room was closed for a couple hours for the ODACA Luncheon. The Helper items (raffle dolls and other items) were wonderful. The food was very tasty, and the Presentation was delightful. ODACA Artist Sarah Russell gave a really great Power Point presentation and talk on dolls made by the various tribes of Native Americans of the US/Canada. I learned so much.

After the Luncheon, we returned to the Sales Room. I was able to bring about 10 dolls, and was thrilled to have sold all but one. Next year's Convention and ODACA Day will be in Anaheim. I don't know the exact dates, but it will probably be around the same time. I've got a year to make as many dolls as I can for the big sale, but it's amazing how fast a year can go by.

By evening, we were feeling mighty hungry. We were told that we had to try Giordano's for deep dish pizza. Boy, when they say deep dish, they really mean DEEP. It was really good. I also tried some of the local beer. Chicago's got nothing on the microbrews of the Pacific Northwest. I've found I've become quite the beer (and coffee) connoisseur.

No comments: