Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fingers and Toes

It's an unusually frigid day here in Astoria and since the furnace has decided to work only intermittently, my studio is one of the warmer rooms in the house. Despite my cold and stuff fingers, I decided to get some work done on the hands and feet of my current Averill doll.

Each piece has a wood bead inserted. The fingers have chenille stem armature, and the toe divisions are hand-sewn. As soon as I make another cup of coffee or hot cocoa, I'll be adding the nails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Deanna,
The hands and feet look so life-like, especially that hands. The handwork on the feet does look better than when machine sewn. Do you sew the divisions before or after stuffing? I done it both ways, but the toes look better if I sew before stuffing. I'll pop back later to view the nails.
hugz
Pam

Healing Woman said...

They really look realistic..I am trying to figure out why you insert a wooden bead and where? Hope you warm up soon.