Thursday, July 21, 2011

More Paperclay

Thank goodness I'm working on multiple projects simultaneously, because I keep adding paperclay to my project. This way I can allow ample time for the clay to dry, without feeling like I'm idle.

I've just started sanding a little, but can see where I need to fill in the low spots with more clay. It's easier for me to sand the head without ears getting in the way, so I'll add those later. It's important to make the surface as smooth as possible, because the cloth-over will not hide the flaws in the sculpt.

The doll still seems to want to be a little boy, and I'm fine with that. At this point I'm undecided if I'm painting his hair or gluing some sort of fiber to his head. I'm also thinking about costume options. The name will come last.

1 comment:

Molly Martino said...

Good Job Deanne!