Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finished Hoffman

I finally finished my Hoffman doll this afternoon. All that's left is the labeling, completing the entry forms, and packaging. Oh, and I've named her "Eolande," which is Celtic for "wild flower."

I think this is the first time in a very long time that I haven't had to send my doll Express Mail to meet the deadline.

The costuming evolved as I worked. I saved her hair for last, and as I had no fringe or other fiber of appropriate color, I settled for Tibetan lamb. It may not travel well, but will be fixable when she gets home (hoping the rest of her survives - like the armature, which is wire).

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous! Good luck!

hugz

gaylemontayostudio.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful!!! Wish you the best! Which magazine? Hugs...gayle

Kate said...

Oh Deanna, she is beautiful. Truly. The face of an angel. I love how you've made her skirt a garden.

Deanna Hogan said...

Thank you, ladies. She's headed for Colorado today, if I can find an appropriate box. Then, if she's chosen, she'll travel the country for a year in one of the various Collections.

I don't know if there'll be any magazine coverage, though. I really love seeing all the doll entries.

Mary Ann Tate said...

She's beautiful. A very sweet face. I really like her skirt. Very feminine.

bub said...

Love her, she is so sweet.

Hoopie

DollZandThingZ said...

Just beautiful! Both the doll and the outfit are outstanding...what a sweet and pretty doll! You did a wonderful job!

Susie McMahon said...

She's so very sweet, Deanna!