Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Play Day

I had a wonderful day today, making felt ornaments with a couple of friends. This is something we've been talking about for a couple years, but just couldn't fit it into our schedules. Here is Julie (left), getting ready to work her blanket stitch mojo on her deer ornament.

I've been collecting felt/ornament ideas for a couple years, printing them and sticking them in a folder on my desk. It was very relaxing, cutting and stitching while listening to Christmas music. Here is Danielle (right), very focused on cutting out a freezer paper pattern piece. She made the lovely tree ornament. She's a wonderful quilter and dollmaker. I made the owl, and we each made a mitten ornie as well. 

2 comments:

KittyAnn said...

The ornaments are beautiful, I love felties! I still have the first felt ornament I ever made, over 30 yrs ago! I try and make a few every year. Have a wonderful holiday season ahead. (sorry if this comes through twice but the computer gremlins made the first one I typed disappear!)

Shashi Nayagam said...

They are lovely