Monday, December 12, 2011

A little more progress on Frankensanta

I've been adding bits of paperclay to the damaged Santa head, and finally got to the point I could do a little sanding today.

You can't tell in these photos, but the bottom part of the head remains glue and clay free so I can sew it back on the body. In theory, anyway.

I tried to maintain the shape of the original head as much as possible - goofy as it was.

I was able to apply a couple coats of flesh-colored paint, too. It's a bit lighter than the body/hands, but I think it'll be ok. After I sew the head to the body, I'll peel away the masking tape and hope what's underneath avoided any contact with clay and paint.

The cable guy comes tomorrow to replace the cable box in my studio. I always worry that strangers will think I'm weird when they enter my creative space. I wonder if it would help to tuck the headless Santa body out of site?