Friday, February 8, 2013

Life Book 2013 January Lessons

Tamara Laporte provided the first lesson for this year-long course, a warm-up assignment to create a Fairy Art Mother (or Father). Mine is pictured below. I've never used watercolor crayons before, so it's been fun trying new techniques. 
Our second lesson was also taught by Tamara. This is "My Journey" for the coming year. In the clouds are my blessings, and in the sunflowers are my goals. I had to make the background from acrylics, as I didn't have watercolors at the time (I do now).
   
I'm a bit behind, but have at least started most of the Lifebook assignments thus far. This is my Week 2 assignment (taught by Monica Zuniga). This time I had watercolor paints on hand for the background. I worked pretty quickly, and it was fun blending the colors. I had to dig out stamps I've never used but have accumulated throughout the years. And where did I get all these inkpads?

I've been having fun with the Lifebook 2013 lessons. I've had to work a little out of order due to supply issues. And while the lessons may not be related to dolls, I think it's a great way to become re-inspired. I'm also learning some great mixed media techniques that might actually translate to dolls.

Week 3's "New Blooms" assignment was taught by Christy Tomlinson. I'm quite proud of my artsy background. I used text from an old book, a piece of a map from an atlas, tissue paper from an old clothing pattern, washi tape, paint, inks, colored tissue paper, gesso, foil, and fabric.

Week 4's challenging "Scales of Light" assignment was taught by Dion Dior. I used a white Prismacolor pencil on black construction paper.

Week 5's Game Board assignment was taught by Kelly Hoernig. It was a fun and creative project. Both sides of the playing cards are shown. These are made from Bicycle brand playing cards.


 
Tam has also given us a creative prompt ~ Free Falling: 


More Art Journaling Explorations HERE

2 comments:

Sue said...

I just signed up at Willowing because what you have done has inspired me. I would like to try Life Book 2014 or some of the other classes. Thanks for sharing.

Deanna Hogan said...

Hi Sue,
That's wonderful that you have joined. Such a creative and talented group of teachers and students. I'm in awe of all of them. Hope I get a chance to see your pages!