Sunday, February 10, 2013

Life Book 2013 February Lessons

 My Week 6 assignment (taught by Tam) is finally completed. I had to put it on hold while I awaited the delivery of masking fluid and some sprays. I was happy with the way it was, but took a chance and added the script on the wings. 
   
While I was waiting for my supplies (above), I created a journal page tutorial from Tamara Laporte. This is not part of the Lifebook 2013 course, but a free-standing tutorial on her website: http://www.willowing.org/2013/01/25/being-brave-a-journal-page-healing-technique/
   
Week 7 featured an interview with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. What an amazing and inspiring lady! Check out her artwork.
   
I had fun with this challenging lesson, taught by Jane Davenport.
   
Here's my Week 9 project, taught by Danita. As I have no fashion magazines, I printed this classical piece from the Internet - a portrait of Berthe Goldschmidt by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, circa 1868-1870. In this lesson, we painted gesso over the printed image, then used watercolor crayons and more gesso to add the coloring.


More Art Journaling Explorations HERE

No comments: