Saturday, August 12, 2017

Blast from the Past

After a whirlwind trip to Orlando for ODACA Day, my husband and I was talking about dolls. He told me he had a couple favorites. Bilbo is one of them. I'd forgotten all about him. He's been in storage since 2003.

I used to belong to an active doll club in St. Helens, Oregon, called the Reigning Dolls & Bears club. We would have challenges regularly, which I loved, as they really pushed our skills. We decided to have a Storybook Challenge, the dolls to be displayed at the Hillsboro Public Library. Bilbo is the result of this challenge. I pulled him out of storage and photograph him again (digital cameras have come a long way since 2003!)


After a number of years, our club lost its meeting place. And that was the end of it. I miss my fellow doll club members, but do get to see what they're up to on Facebook. You can see some club photos HERE and HERE.

1 comment:

Jan Conwell said...

I can see why he'd be your hub's favorite. :~) He's wonderful. I made an elf once out of a gourd that is my hub's fav, and it was one of the very first dolls I ever made. I love Bilbo's feet!!!