Saturday, August 12, 2017

Blast from the Past

After a whirlwind trip to Orlando for ODACA Day, my husband and I was talking about dolls. He told me he had a couple favorites. Bilbo is one of them. I'd forgotten all about him. He's been in storage since 2003.

I used to belong to an active doll club in St. Helens, Oregon, called the Reigning Dolls & Bears club. We would have challenges regularly, which I loved, as they really pushed our skills. We decided to have a Storybook Challenge, the dolls to be displayed at the Hillsboro Public Library. Bilbo is the result of this challenge. I pulled him out of storage and photograph him again (digital cameras have come a long way since 2003!)


After a number of years, our club lost its meeting place. And that was the end of it. I miss my fellow doll club members, but do get to see what they're up to on Facebook. You can see some club photos HERE and HERE.

6 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

I can see why he'd be your hub's favorite. :~) He's wonderful. I made an elf once out of a gourd that is my hub's fav, and it was one of the very first dolls I ever made. I love Bilbo's feet!!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

He is amazing. Don't think I have seen him before

Deanna Hogan said...

Thanks, ladies!

Unknown said...

I can see why you husband choice this one for his favorite! Would make a great pattern!

Unknown said...

This was my husbands email so that is why his name shows up. My name is Pam Molin. Love Bilbo!

Deanna Hogan said...

Hi Pam! Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment. :)