Friday, January 8, 2010

My First E-pattern (I think)

It's a new year, and one of my goals is to dabble in the world of e-patterns. I think I have managed to produce my first, "Under the Harvest Moon." This is a pattern that came about in 2009, and as it's already on my computer in digital format, it didn't take much to scan the pattern pieces and convert the whole thing to a pdf file.

The advantages of e-patterns are numerous:
1) You don't have to wait for snail mail
2) The cost is reduced, because I don't have to pay for cover photos, color inserts, paper, ink... and you don't have to pay for postage.
3) Pdf files are supposed to be universally read by various computers (we'll see about that).

You can find the pattern on my website:
http://www.blueherondolls.com/blue_heron_patterns.htm

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not quite sure where the other comment is, but I don't mind saying how important it is that we can purchase your patterns instantly! This is a great idea and hopefully will be a successful venture!
hugz
Pam

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, my! That was so easy! I love that pattern.

Dixie

Deanna Hogan said...

Thanks, Pam. I know I saw a message from you earlier, but it only came over as an email. (Good luck with the kids' tuition, btw!)

Dixie, you're my "test case." LOL! Thanks for purchasing the pattern.
Please let me know if you experience any glitches, technical or otherwise...

Deanna...trying to dry off after carrying four loads of groceries into the house in the POURING RAIN (that's Oregon, for ya').

Susie McMahon said...

Oh.....Well done, Deanna! I might have to buy this sometime, but I think first I should make up the one I bought from you last year (lol)
I'm also entering this e-pattern minefield. I have something almost ready - just a couple of things to sort out (Like why is the US the only country in the world that does not have A4 as a standard paper size?)

LittleRedRetro said...

I am so thrilled you are trying e-patterns. I have watched your blog just hoping. I love your patterns and can't wait to get this one - just purchased. :)