Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost there...

Today I was able to work more on my Izannah dolls. Both dolls have the same coloring, and look as though they could be sisters. Doll Number 1 has fabric ears applied after the knit cloth-over was done. I don't know why this thumbnail looks so stretched out.


Here are the two of them together, with arms pinned in place. Before attaching the arms, I'll need to sew the "second skin" which is a sort of body covering that makes everything tidy. I've selected some dress fabrics from my stash and painted boots to match.


Doll Number 2 has paperclay sculpted ears and a cloth-over. Her features are a little finer than my first attempt above.

I'll be applying an antique wash, which will have to happen prior to adding the second skin and arms.


This Izannah-inspired doll was created in Dixie Redmond's online Izannah Workshop. Visit the blog for the details HERE.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWW
They're great!!!
They are magnificent, on their painting, finishing, everything
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Maria del Valle

Healing Woman said...

She is flawless, especially the smooth even colors. Wonderful.

Judi Hunziker said...

PERFECTION! I Love them both, Judi

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

They are just lovely!

Kate said...

Oh my, could they BE any more beautiful? Just lovely Deanna. And up to your usual standard of perfection, even if you don't agree. I long to wrap my hands around one of them.

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

Deanna, they are PERFECT! Absolutely beautiful, and the complete Izannah picture...I cannot wait to see these gorgeous girls dressed together!

Unknown said...

They are beeuuuutiful!!! look forward to seeing their dresses.

hugz
Pam

Unknown said...

They are beeuuuutiful!!! look forward to seeing their dresses.

hugz
Pam

Dixie Redmond said...

What can I say that hasn't been said? Oh, yeah! Send the one in the last picture to me. ;-) Beautiful work, Deanna. It has all the hallmarks of your work and the Izannah quotes as well. A perfect mixture.