Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lots of hand sewing

I've been doing lots of hand sewing today. It's something I enjoy doing, but I'm afraid to admit I've needed to use the magnifying glass on my Ott light. I've been putting off getting my eyes checked, but it's obvious I need a new eyeglass prescription. It's rough getting old.

Now I'm getting ready to make the belt, also from the brown fabric. I bought some little buckles on eBay a few months ago. Several styles, in both gold and silver colored metal.

Since this post, I've received a couple comments about threading needles and diminishing eyesight. I recently bought a needle threader, and just used it for the first time. It's better than sliced bread!

I learned about this product through an online quilting class (that's right, I don't have nearly enough on my plate). The class is offered through craftsy.com, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the information being taught (not affiliated, just happy customer). I bought two needle threaders on eBay (one for me, one for my mom). The teacher of the quilting class is Jenny Doan from the Missouri Star Quilting Co.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I hope this is not a second comment! Sorry if it is. What a sweet little dress! That us very nicely done, Deanna!
hugz
Pam

Rhissanna said...

Yup, the fading eyesight is pretty awful. I love sewing but I hate, hate threading needles *sigh*

The colours on that sweet little dress are lovely. Autumnal brown against the blue, very pretty. I can't wait to see it with the belt.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very cute...I like the blue and brown together:) I have to wear glasses now for sewing and reading.....such a bother.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I just noticed that you added a video...that needle threader is awesome:)