Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I think I'm in trouble...

Not only did I resolve to NOT buy any new fabric, I think I've been bitten by the quilting bug. New fabric and quilting seem to go hand in hand. I've just finished another pieced quilt top (fence rail block), about the size of a lap quilt. I used a small jelly roll of fabric called loulouthi by anna marie horner.

I still need to trim the edges and decide on a border/binding/backing. And then, of course, do the actual quilting. I'm hoping my  free-motion/darning quilt will arrive in the mail today (I thought I already had one), so I can get going on finishing the projects that are stacking up.

Help!!

4 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

Well, Deanna, there are worst things you could be bitten by. I am not surprised that you are enjoying quilting, for it really is a perfect fit for you. Doll makers seem to want to make quilts, and quilters seem to want to make dolls. Have fun with your new fabric!

Jan Conwell said...

Just roll with it, baby. One day, at the end of your life, you'll be happy you explored the arts you learned, rather than saying "no, I shouldn't."

(Of course I, too, am a fabriholic, so it's possible I'm just enabling here.)

Kate said...

Deanna, I too have been bitten by the quilting bug. This has resulted in the buying of scads of fabric with all sorts of things in mind. I WAS on a fabric diet. LOL But I can't resist. So many pretty new ones just aching for me to give them a home. Plus, I want to sew for my future grandchild.(They're not even married yet...) But one can hope.

Dixie Redmond said...

I plan to be bitten by the quilting bug! ;-) I collect patterns, now to actually do something. :-) Your quilt is beautiful. I like to have a colorful quilt along the back of the couch in the family room...these get a lot of use by my boys, so I don't want to use antique/vintage ones. I need to make one!!!

Dixie