Sunday, June 15, 2008

Punched Out

Today was the last in a long stretch of shifts at the hospital, and it was the worst one of the week. I hate it when young people die unnecessarily. One wrong choice ~that's all it takes. Because I so often see what comes from these bad decisions, I'm probably among the most neurotic of mothers. My poor kids.

It felt good to finally punch out today, knowing I have several days off this week. I plan to work on my ODACA centerpiece dolls, and hopefully finish them this week. The dolls are taking much longer to make than I'd anticipated. Just have to stay focused and on task. The legs are done and sewn to the bodies. The only things left are: 1) Dying the Tibetan lambswool hair, making wigs and attaching them to the heads. 2) Costuming. 3) Accessories

About 3 to 4 weeks ago, I decided to start walking to and from work, up and over the hills of Astoria, about 2 1/4 miles each way. I'm doing this because fuel costs so much, and I have to get rid of my "winter weight." I'm sorry to say the pounds aren't melting away. I am sleeping better, though it's been hard getting up a half hour earlier each morning.

No comments: