Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkinhead Doll Finished

My pumpkinhead doll is finally done. Well maybe. I might still paint her some boots and possibly add some lace along the hem of her dress. Or maybe not. She's about 16 inches tall (from her feet to the top of her stem). Her clothing is removable. She's all cloth, with a paperclay sculpted over her badly formed stuffed cloth head. You'll notice I didn't include a photo of her stuffed head with my first progress photos.

She turned out just a little darker than I'd intended, especially after the wash of walnut ink was applied. It doesn't help that these photos turned out a little dark and grainy.

I wonder how the other doll club members' challenge dolls turned out?

5 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

She looks great! Very sweet expression on her face. She's just what a pumpkin-head girl she look like.

Susie McMahon said...

Hi Deanna.........She is absolutely precious!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

I think she is amazing

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

She's fantastic, and I love her colors! She looks so soft and gentle!

Michelle said...

She looks terrific Deanna....well done..cheers Michelle