Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tombstone Angel Wallhanging ~ prototype #1

Last night I added some detail stitching on my Tombstone Angel Wallhanging prototype. I tried adding the wing detail with the sewing machine, but didn't like the look. So I ripped that out and hand-sewed them instead, using thread just a little bit lighter in color. I also added some pupils, which helps a bit.

Today I'm drafting the Tombstone Angel pin doll/ornie version of the pattern. It's almost identical to the other angel, but a little fuller in the chest and wings.

Today's the perfect day to work on this project. The weather's stormy and gloomy ~ no reason at all to go outside. I'm planning to make Tombstone into a pattern. It takes me a really long time to write the instructions, but maybe I can get the bulk of it done today.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love this, Deanna, and can't wait for the pattern. I love tombstones in any form.
Lisa