Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another Project

I know I'm not supposed to start a new project before completing some of my other (unfinished) projects, but this is one I need to do.

A coworker saw my Sonia doll, and wanted one like her. And because she gave me a deposit, I really do need to get her done.

So this is a variation of my Averill design. Instead of using multiple print woven fabrics for the arms and legs, I made the whole doll from craft velour.

The cloth-covered clay face has been covered in a cotton knit fabric. This is an alternate clay face from the original Averill face.

The fabric still needs to be tucked behind and trimmed. Then the face will be painted in 2-3 coats of gesso, 2-3 coats of flesh-colored acrylic paint, and attached to the body. Then the features will be painted, hair and clothing added, etc.

I still need to give her fingernails and toenails. That can be somewhat time consuming, but it's much easier to do before attaching the hands and feet to the limbs.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love the hands. They are so pretty. The feet are great too. Almost look real.