Monday, September 23, 2013

More than I can chew?

Have I bitten off more than I can chew? Hopefully not. I've been diligently working on the actually quilting portion of Fiona's birthday quilt the past several days. I'd considered taking it (or shipping it off) to someone so I didn't have to wrestle with it, but thought it'd be a good challenge for me.

Of course, I had to move the sewing machine downstairs and set up the card table next to the kitchen table in order to make this happen. I hope to get it done in the few days. 
 
I love my Bernina (Artista 165), but it's not technically a quilting machine. At the time I bought it, I only sewed garments and dolls. I've done a little free-motion embroidery on this machine with some success (I am the limiting factor). However, I've noticed some tension issues with this project. And some skipped stitches. To be fair, this machine is LONG OVERDUE for a tune up, so that may be the problem. I've changed needles, rethreaded, removed fiber bunnies, with some improvement. I've even (gasp!) adjusted the bobbin tension a little.

3 comments:

Dallas Sills said...

oh boy. Those bobbin police are gonna show up now.

But! seriously, that is one beautiful piecing job! can't wait to see the quilting.

Healing Woman said...

What a fantastic quilt. I love the lime backdrop you have used as well. It's amazing how in our minds we have major projects that sometimes gets finished!

Deanna Hogan said...

Thanks, ladies!