Sunday, September 29, 2013

Crazy Weather!

It wasn't the usual drive to work this morning. Wipers were on overdrive, and the lightning was close. Very close. My 10 second sprint from my car into the hospital resulted in completely drenched scrubs (though I wore a homely raincoat to cover my upper half.)

This photo was taken this morning by Michelle Roth. I found it on facebook, and had to share it like so many others.
 
We were supposed to get high winds again this afternoon (had much wind and rain yesterday), and it's just starting to pick up now.

3 comments:

Northbrook Designs said...

Hi Deanna,
Wasn't the weather crazy the last two days. We got it here too, just over the border from you. I thought the trees in the neighbours yard behind us were coming down. Have never seen them bend like that before. Crazy is right... Romona

Christine LeFever said...

We here in Oregon City lost many a large branch from the towering trees. I have to confess that this is my favorite time of year and that I adore storms, provided no one is hurt.

Deanna Hogan said...

This has always been my favorite season, too - though there had better be significant improvement in the weather on the 13th for the Great Columbia Crossing!

We didn't lose any big branches, but the yard sure needs cleaning up.

I worked over the weekend, so I think the wind and rain did deter quite a few people from coming to the ER.