Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Three Quilts!

I've monopolized the kitchen with my sewing stuff for an entire week, but I'm glad I did because now I've got three finished quilts. I should not be allowed to piece any more quilt tops, because I have  three others waiting to be finished, and lots more fabric.

The first quilt was Fiona's birthday quilt. This was my gift to Fiona on her 2nd birthday (she's 3 1/2 now!)  It took me quite some time to choose the "Simple Courthouse Steps" block for her quilt. The fabric used is from a fat quarter bundle by Riley Blake, called "Fiona's Fancy." You can see the three color ways in this post, Fiona's mommy picked the pinks. I chose lime green, chocolate brown,and pale yellow for the sashing and borders. The backing and binding are a hot pink print. 57 X 74 inches in size.

The second quilt was one I started in early 2012 after signing up for Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly course on Craftsy. So it's about time I got this one done. It's made from a jelly roll - loulouthi fabric collection by anna maria horner. 48 X 71 inches in size. I underestimated how much fabric I needed for the backing, so I had to add some strips of other fabric, which you can see HERE.

The third quilt was started almost exactly one year ago, from a fund-raiser Mystery Quilt pattern called "Jack of Hearts" by Heather Spence. I made two quilt tops using this pattern, and finished one of them last night. Read more about this pattern HERE. This quilt is 63 X 63 inches, and as the actual quilting was in a simple grid pattern, it went fairly quickly. I'm very please that the quilt top was made using fabric from my stash. I did have to buy the backing, which is the same print as the binding shown here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Deanna!

Finish is PERFECT!!! and those are some good looking quilts! Congratulations on getting them finished. As for not starting another quilt before finishing the others; don't you know that it just doesn't work that way? Heeheehee, it is a badge of honor to have a few waiting in the hole while you start on new ones!!! Lol!

hugz
Pam

Deanna Hogan said...

Yeah, I know it doesn't work that way, but I can pretend to hope!