Monday, October 7, 2013

Life Book 2013 October Lessons

Tam Laporte taught this first lesson of October. I started with the background (monoprinting with a gelli plate) while waiting for some stamp carving tools to arrive. 
 
One of the other students included a link to this video, a tutorial by Linda Germain on how to make your own gelli plate.


  
Aimee Myers Dolich taught this lesson. Not a favorite, but I did it anyway.


Julie Fei-Fan Balzer taught this lesson. I was unable to achieve the loose, abstract look I was going for. Just way too uptight, I guess!
 


Now this one was really fun!

More Art Journaling Explorations HERE

2 comments:

ruthanne said...

I read your comment on Dollstreet this morning and thanks for the Gelli plate info. My fiber arts group is having a play day at my home in a few weeks with several projects. One is gelli plate dyeing and this recipe is so much better!

Hugs, RuthAnne

Deanna Hogan said...

RuthAnne ~ I'm so glad this gelli plate tutorial came to you at the perfect time! Have a blast, and be sure to share your art.