Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday & Stuff

I have absolutely no intention of doing any shopping today. I tried it once (in-store shopping) on Black Friday, and swore I'd never do it again. It was an awful experience.

I have, however, absolutely no problem shopping online! I have to work on Cyber Monday, but as I don't have any clue what the family wants for Christmas I wouldn't even know where to start.

My intentions today were to pick up my grandson from Great Grandma's house (she and Grandpa were called upon to babysit over the holiday), then hunker down at home and try to do something crafty. I have sewing to do, journal pages, and many unfinished projects.

Sadly, we lost my dear Uncle Rick this week, so I'll be traveling today and staying over to attend a family gathering tomorrow to say goodbye. It'll be good to see family again. And maybe I can get some gift ideas, too.

Frankly, there's no way I could work effectively in my studio right now, as it's a complete disaster. You'd think I was a hoarder by the looks of it. I've got supplies and projects-in-progress everywhere. I could spend an entire day getting it straightened up. I'm too embarrassed to post a photo, so you'll just have to use your imagination.

I've been taking an online course from Jane Davenport these past few weeks, called "Print & Scan." And for that class I bought myself a nice new fancy printer (which is also occupying space in my very crowded studio). My hope is to potentially make prints of some of my journal pages and sell them on Etsy or something. I've already learned TONS of stuff, including some things that can be done in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements.
Print-Scan-JaneDavenport-square-600

No comments: