Thursday, November 7, 2013

New Fabric (I couldn't help myself)

Well, I did it. I bought more fabric when I promised myself I wouldn't. I could tell you it's because these charm packs were on sale at Green Fairy Quilts, and that may have played a small part. Mostly, it was because I thought these collections were bright and cheerful. I've had them for about a week, and I think they'll make up really cute simple lap or twin size quilts.

Then today while checking my email, I saw that Craftsy was offering another free quilting class. Of course I signed up for it. I learn new things with each class I take, and the teachers are all really good. This mini class is called Piece, Patch, Quilt: Basic Quiltmaking Skills with Gail Kessler. I doubt I can get something done before Christmas (too many other projects), but that's sort of what I had in mind.

This charm pack had me thinking of my sister, so she may get something in the distant future:
Moda Charm Pack - Bobbins & Bits by Pat Sloan
Moda Charm Pack - Bobbins & Bits by Pat Sloan
 
And this one appealed to me.
The color schemes of both are pretty similar, huh?
Moda MINI Charm - Pot Luck by American Jane
Moda MINI Charm - Pot Luck by American Jane
 
Incidentally, Craftsy is offering another free class called Professional Family Portraits, and as I just purchased a REALLY NICE camera, I signed up for this one as well. My new camera is a Canon EOS 7D, and I'm just starting to find my way around all the cool features. Even in the basic Auto mode, the photos are fantastic. I got the "For Dummies" book for this specific camera and I've got a DVD tutorial coming soon.  


No comments: