Monday, May 12, 2014

Two Projects in One Day!

I've finally finished my Hoffman Challenge doll, and well before the deadline. Will wonders never cease! This is Amandine. She's about 16 inches tall now that she's on her stand.

I used my Livia pattern that I've been developing to make her, so technically, Amandine is prototype #3. I made her torso, arms and legs just a little longer than prototype #2, and I like these proportions much better.
 
I had fun making her! Now to get her packaged and complete the entry forms. It feels really good to be able to complete her without the pressure of a looming deadline. Gotta do that more often!
 
Of course, now that the photo is taken and the stuff has been put away, I see I should have fiddled with her hair bows a little. Just gotta let that go, I guess.
 
Don't forget that I host pages dedicated to any/all Hoffman Challenge dolls, so send them my way:
Visit my Hoffman pages HERE.
 
You can refer to my mini-very-amateurish photo tutorial HERE.
 
Click on these links to see my Livia Prototypes:

3 comments:

Bonnie Lee Fontaine said...

Deanna, she is perfection! Love her outfit and her jaunty hat! Is her face trapunto? I love how she looks retro and up-to-date at the same time. Fabulous!!

Deanna Hogan said...

Thanks so much! Her face is just stuffed and lightly needle sculpted. She really didn't need much sculpting.

I like the challenge fabric this year!

Stephanie said...

Deanna, she is stunning! Perfect. Interesting the way you did the armature. Another winner.