Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Under the Harvest Moon

She's finally done, and I've settled on her name ~ "Under the Harvest Moon," or Harvest Moon for short. I finished her shoes today, and am really pleased with how they turned out (got them right on the second try, too!). Harvest Moon is just over 22 inches tall. Her clothing is removable. Her hair is fringed upholstery trim. She's supposed to be in the September issue of Doll Crafter & Costuming magazine.

The shoes are made from woven fabric. I thought I'd have to sew snaps, or make a tiny buttonholes, but they slip on easily (thank goodness!) without all that nonsense. Be careful if you click on this photo - I forgot to resize the image.
I really want to make another of these dolls, but need to get ready for my class in Auburn in a little over a week. Crunch time!

1 comment:

Karen Mallory said...

Wow Deanna! She is wonderful!! I think you make these old fashioned looking dolls so well!!
hugs Karen