Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Quiet House, and I can ignore the dishes if I want... (BlogAlong day 4/30)

I'm a bachelorette this weekend, so the house was quiet and empty when I got home from work last evening. After listening to a little music, I worked on one of my journal pages for Life Book 2013. After drawing a birdcage and doll onto watercolor paper (a little too darkly, as it turned out), I covered those areas with masking fluid. Clever stuff. I've only used it once before, for another journal page.
 
When that was dry I added some watercolor paint, sprinkling salt onto the surface while the paint was still wet. After that dried and I'd rubbed off the salt, I peeled away the masking fluid. Easy peasy.
 
Now I can start painting the cage and girl if I have the energy after work today. Hope the ER isn't the typical crazy Sunday, but I won't hold my breath. 

No comments: